A few months ago I went to visit my mum in Ballina, and had the added bonus of catching up with my little cousins from Sydney.
I educated them about the “real” (classic) Ninja Turtles (thanks Youtube) after watching the horrifying new version on TV. They have no eyes dude- how freaky!
After that I educated them about classic shows like “Monkey Magick”. By this stage they were really loving Youtube – especially the jokes we found about Buddha farting (farting, I have discovered, is a popular topic with kids these days).
For the next few hours we were entertained by a variety of videos discovered after typing the word “poop” into the search box. The highlight there was definitely the elephant who ate its own faeces. Classic comedy- I mean how can you go possibly wrong with that?
Other highlights of the trip included:
A visit to the Macadamia Castle…
- Buying pink sparkly bags and pirate flags in the gift shop
- Petting bunny rabbits
- Playing hide-and-seek in the playground and me getting stuck in the children’s cubby house (they just don’t make em my size)
- The coolest tree house ever (I want one!)
- Petting a cockatoo despite the sign saying not to
- Catching baby chickens and petting them because they were so damn cute… then getting scratched as they tried to get away…
- My 5 year old cousin (first time bowling) beat us all!
- I realised it’s harder than the Nintendo Wii bowling game
- Home-cooked (or is that 2 words?)