Most exciting news:
I’ll be meeting CHRISTOPHER LLOYD (Doc Brown in ‘Back to The Future’) at Brisbane Supanova expo this April!!! *Can’t. Contain. Excitement. Arms. Flailing Wildly*
Most fun had this week:
- My new morning exercise routine: Just Dance 2 game for Wii (This week I’ve learned ‘D.A.N.C.E. by Justice, and ‘Move Your Feet’ by Junior Senior)
- My first Latin dance class of the year! (Zouk-lambada & Salsa)
- Wayne’s birthday party: Playing with lightsabres and Tron data discs and taking lots of photos of them- we’re such geeks!
- Playing with kittens
- Saw the new Green Hornet movie in 3D and really enjoyed it
- Rocking out on Guitar Hero at the Mana Bar
- Playing air hockey, Time Crisis 4, and DDR at Timezone
Books I’ve been reading:
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Earth Magic by Steven D. Farmer
- The Book of Mormon chapters Helaman and Third Nephi
Projects I’m working on at the moment:
- Meee (Operation: improve Mel’s life …some more…)
- Designing a Catwoman costume to wear to Jess’s Tim Burton- themed birthday party (and working out how to make it for free, out of old tights and fabric remnants- Batman Returns– style!)
- Getting clear on my immediate goals for the next few months; week; year.
- Beginning a success mastermind & personal development group
- Learning Japanese (just started!)
- Commenced Operation: Great Scott!
- Designing jewellery and making a hand-beaded Ndebele herringbone rope necklace with Swarovski crystal pendant
- Designing websites for friends
- Finalising the design for my fairy goddess gown which I’m wearing to my ‘Fairytale & Fantasy’ themed 30th birthday party in February
Biggest lessons learned & realisations made this week:
- “I hate you and I never want to see you again! …for one week.”
- Forgiveness is not the same as condoning someone’s behaviour. It’s more for your own benefit- to purge yourself of a toxic buildup of energy, which harms you more than the other person. It’s merely one step in the healing process.
- I want a cat now more than ever- damned allergies!
- When you give service to others it stops you from dwelling on your own stupid problems, and feels really, really good
- After the great Brisbane flood (my poor beloved city!) I’m even gladder that I live on a hill
Favourite DVD watched this week:
South Pacific (old skool 1958 version- the best! …”I’m gonna wash that man right outta my hair, seeend hiiim on his waay!”)
(Below…) This clip from South Pacific is for the girls- hot sailors from the 50’s!